USDA Organic (USA) – The US Ministry of Agriculture develops its own certificate for organic products. The USDA Organic certificate is given to food from controlled organic farms. Cosmetic products can be only certified if they consist from ingredients of agricultural origin and they are also certified.

The products with this label and called “organic” must contain at least 95% of organic, pollution-free, natural ingredients (except water and salt). The rest 5% of raw materials may be produced industrially or at a traditional farm with no other organic possibilities. The name of the certifying organization should be stated on the label. Additional use of genetically modified plants or artificial fertilizers, or pesticides is not allowed. Enterprises are inspected once a year, including products, processing and packaging.

You can learn more on the Web page: https://www.usda.gov/topics/organic/